Marinated and Glazed Mahi
Good fish is all you will bring to the docks with Silent Hunter, so getting a tasty dish to the table is simple.
Whether you grill your fish right after the catch or after you get home, all you need are a few quick ideas to make it awesome!
Want to catch dinner with Silent Hunter?
Call the Captain at 305.896.6342.
Ginger Marinade and Glaze
•3 tablespoons honey
•3 tablespoons soy sauce
•3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
•1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
•1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste
•2 teaspoons olive oil
•4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Add honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil to a large plastic zipper bag.
2. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them in the bag.
3. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate. Ready to go fishing?
4. Reserve marinade.
5. Grill the Mahi for 4-6 minutes on each side – turning only once.
6. Cook reserved marinade until reduced by half (or to a glaze consistency).
7. Serve the fish on a platter with the glaze poured over the fish.
3 More Easy Ways to Prepare Fish for the Grill
1. Lemon Juice
– The simplest way to prepare fish is to brush the grill and both sides of the fish with oil.
Season both sides with salt and pepper and grill or broil
- turning once – until opaque in the middle.
Squeeze lemon juice over the top just before serving!
– One of the quickest tricks to grilling fish is a simple coat of mayonnaise. This adds flavor and seals in the juices!
Grill a few minutes on each side, and season to taste.
Call Silent Hunter at 305.896.6342 to plan your fish hunt!
3. Italian Dressing
Ingredients for Marinade
– Bottled or prepared fresh, this combination of oil, vinegar, herbs and spices offers well blended flavor with herbs, garlic, pepper, and heat.
The oil coats the fish, keeping it moist during cooking while the acid in the vinegar counteracts some of the sweetness in the fish.